Counting with more than 350 branch offices and 4000 agencies in Chile, Servipag can be considered the country's best payments platform. See how it works and all benefits in offering it.
What is Servipag?
Servipag is a leader local payment platform in Chile that processes an average of 9 million transactions per month. It allow users to pay for online purchases using vouchers and was created in 1990 by two of the main Chilean financial institutions (BCI and Banco de Chile) to support the country's bank transfer system.
At the beginning, the billing portal only allowed people to pay for utility bills and, along the years, it has spread all over Chile and became used for online purchases also. More so, despite accepting several payment methods, including credit cards, Servipag has offline payment options for people that lacks a payment card or internet banking.
What can be done through Servipag?
Among several services offered, Servipag includes:
- Bank transactions
- Cash checks (mainly in Banco de Chile, BCI, Security and BICE).
- Withdraw up to 200,000 Chilean Pesos (only in Banco de Chile or Banco BCT),
- Pay bills
- Deposit in different banking entities
- Recharge or top ups.
- Transfer money.
- Collect salaries and pensions
Benefits of accepting Servipag
Servipag is used by 40% of users in Chile who prefer not to use credit cards online. Despite having more than 350 branch offices and 4000 agencies/stores across the country, the payment platform provides great benefits for merchants who offer it, such as:
- Multiple payment methods: merchants don't need to worry about multiple integrations since the platform offers several payment methods through a single integration. Customers can choose their preferred payment option to pay online or physically in one of the +4000 Servipag's stores.
- Real-time confirmation: as soon as transactions are done, both merchants and their customers receive a payment confirmation.
- Safety and efficiency: the payment platform has a low fraud risk since it follows the highest safety requirements at a global level. All transactions are certified by Verisign and, if used offline, Servipag has no chargebacks.
- Charges in local currency: if used with EBANX integration, merchants can charges their shoppers in CLP (Chilean Peso) and receive funds in USD anywhere in the world.
EBANX & Servipag
Servipag is a must for any digital commerce aiming to enter or expand operations in Chile. So, EBANX is here to make this process easier and convenient. Can you imagine being able to offer the most popular payment methods in Chile through EBANX integration with Servipag?